The U.S. Botanic Garden is a living plant museum for everyone to enjoy. Please respect the living collection and be mindful of other visitors. As you walk through the gardens, here are some "do's and don'ts" to keep in mind.
- Enjoy taking personal photos and videos--just no posed photo shoots of any kind. Photo Policy.
- Treat others with kindness, civility, and respect.
- Stay on the paths and walkways, and please supervise children in your party.
- Don't damage the plants; collect seeds; or pick the fruit, leaves, or flowers --they are here for everyone to see and enjoy.
- Enjoy the tables and chairs, but no private events are allowed.
- Walk bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, and scooters.
- Keep strollers and personal property with you at all times.
- Place trash and recycling in designated bins or take it with you when you go.
- Pets are allowed on the paths in outdoor gardens but are not allowed in the Conservatory. Trained service dogs are welcome throughout the Garden. Please clean up after your animals.
- Wear a shirt and shoes during your visit.
- Don't feed the wildlife--some animals might bite!
- Don't block paths.
- Don't smoke or vape.