Contract Opportunity : Curriculum & Training Plan for Volunteer Program
The U.S. Botanic Garden (USBG) seeks a contractor to lead a collaborative effort with USBG employees to redesign the USBG volunteer training program, including pre-service training for new volunteers and ongoing, in-service training for active volunteers.The objective is to create a flexible learning ecosystem and a culture of continuous professional learning to support the growth and development of the USBG volunteer program.
The revised volunteer training program design shall reflect diversity, accessibility, and inclusion best practices. USBG employees shall provide subject matter expertise and institutional knowledge for the project.
Areas for special attention include but are not limited to:
- Closing learning gaps identified in the completed evaluation of the existing volunteer training program, included as an appendix to the statement of work
- Aligning with USBG Quality Programs guidelines, UnPACK (Unique to the USBG, Planned Thoughtfully, All Are Included, Centered on Audience, Knowledge-based), included as an appendix to the statement of work
- Identifying and structuring opportunities for peer-to-peer learning & mentoring
- Creating a culture of ongoing volunteer development, potentially using volunteer credentialing and/or continuing education
- Maximizing the use of e-learning within Better Impact, the existing USBG volunteer management system.
Proposals must be received by close of business on January 27, 2023. Questions may be submitted to Elizabeth Barton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lance Farthing (email@example.com) by January 18, 2023. All questions received by this date will be answered on this page by January 20, 2023.
Please reference the Statement of Work and Request for Quotations and other guidance below.