Botanical Art Worldwide: America's Flora
May 4 - October 15, 2018
Opening in May of 2018, the American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA) in collaboration with the United States Botanic Garden will present a juried exhibition of artworks of native plants, staged in the U.S. Botanic Garden's gallery space. The exhibition will include approximately 45 original contemporary botanical artworks, juried from a field of over 200 entries. Slated to remain on view at the U.S. Botanic Garden through October 2018, the exhibition will then travel through the end of 2019.
ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
- SEPT 3-9: Judy Thomas -- colored pencil, graphite (plants to draw: Nepenthes, Brighamia, Heliconia)
- SEPT 10-16: Paula Blair -- watercolor, graphite, colored pencil (plants to draw: succulent or orchid)
- SEPT 24-30: Molly Hoopes -- watercolor on hot press paper
- OCT 1-7: Elena Maza Borkland -- watercolor or colored pencil (plants to draw: black cotton (Gossypia nigra), orchids, Medinilla)
- OCT 8-14: Vicki Malone -- colored pencil, graphite
WORLDWIDE DAY OF BOTANICAL ART
We celebrated the Worldwide Day of Botanical Art on May 18 with three programs for visitors to join in this day. See photos in this online album.
- Lecture: Botanical Art Worldwide: 6 Continents, 25 Countries, 1 Worldwide Project
- Meet the Artists: Botanical Art Worldwide: America's Flora
- Behind-the-Scenes: Botanical Art Worldwide: America's Flora