May 24 - October 1, 2019 | USBG Campus
Featuring vignettes from a selection of gardens across the country, this exhibit spotlights the diversity and beauty of the more than 600 public gardens in the United States. From rare and endangered plants to historic estates and modern oases, the U.S. Botanic Garden showcases the collections and stories of 20 different gardens throughout the grounds. These gardens reflect their local communities and the amazing diversity found in the plant kingdom. The displays include signature plants and visual elements to provide visitors with a deeper understanding of the gardens' plants, styles, origins, regional characteristics, and missions.
Featured in the exhibit will be:
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens, North Carolina
- Lockerly Arboretum, Georgia
- The Botanical Research Institute of Texas and the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, Texas
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates, Florida
- Pittsburgh Botanic Garden, Pennsylvania
- Norfolk Botanical Garden, Virginia
- Denver Botanic Gardens, Colorado
- Smithsonian Gardens, D.C.
- Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden, North Carolina
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Georgia
- Atlanta Botanical Garden, Georgia
- U.S. National Arboretum, D.C.
- Mt. Cuba Center, Delaware
- Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, South Carolina
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, Colorado
- Bookworm Gardens, Wisconsin
- North Carolina Botanical Garden, North Carolina
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Ohio
- Tucson Botanical Gardens, Arizona
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, California